We ask that you examine your items carefully for marks, stains, tears, damage, etc before bringing them in. PLEASE do not bring clothing in garbage or shopping bags. Place your freshly washed items neatly in boxes or laundry baskets (less wrinkles for better presentation). Shoes and boots must be clean and be clear of any mud on the bottoms. Please limit your pieces to 30 items per week. Express drop offs are welcome for those who choose to donate their items. (Leave your items with us in a box and we sort through them at a later time)
We receive your items Wednesday through Saturday.
**Drop offs are currently limited due to space. Please call to schedule an appointment for your drop off. We receive Wednesdays-Saturdays. Your appointment day is open for you to walk in any time during our receiving hours for that day! We will
Drop off Schedule:
What We Take:
Clothing: (Preemie to size 14 & Maternity)
- Bring freshly washed items in a box or laundry basket (we'll return your box/basket). Fastening all snaps and buttons, and pairing outfits together helps to make the drop-off process quicker for you. (*note- no need to iron or steam your items but clothing looks newer and sells much quicker if they aren't wrinkled).
- Gently used articles only (stains, rips, worn out knees, pilling, fading, stretching, etc. will not be accepted).
- Clothing labels with brand and size info must be attached to each item.
- Fashionable, name brand items under 4 years old.
- Items smelling of tobacco smoke, damp/musty basements or extended storage or items that have pet hair on them WILL NOT be accepted. We must keep in mind that many people have allergies and can't be exposed to these types of allergens.
- All footwear must be free of dirt and signs of excessive wear.
- We do not sell hand made clothing.
Toys: (5 per drop off)
- Clean toys with all original pieces and a set of working batteries.
- We cannot sell toys that do not meet current government standards. (Missing pieces, cracks, loose pieces, etc are all examples of unsafe toys).
- Sorting small toys into clear ziploc bags are helpful.
- We do not sell VHS, CD's or fast food type toys.
- All baby equipment must be clean and gently used. Items must be up to current Canadian government standards (ie. no recalls) with a new set of batteries and all original straps/belts.
- We sell baby equipment.
- Cribs should not be more than 6 years old and must meet all current Canadian safety standards.
Your consignment period is 60-90 days (seasonal items have a shorter term..eg: Christmas, Easter, Halloween). At the end of the consignment period you may opt to pick up any unsold items or we will donate them to local charities of our choice. You must call the store during the month in which your consignment period ends (no later than the 25th) if you would like your unsold items returned to you. If we do not hear from you by the 25th we will donate the items. (If you aren't sure when your items expire click here to find out). After the 25th of the month, all requested items will be bagged and ready for you to pick up the first week of the following month. Due to limited space, we will hold your items only until the 10th of that following month unless you make other arrangements with us (ex: you're on vacation, away for work, etc)
We have always provided our consignors with one of the highest payouts in the area. You will receive 40% of the final selling price (which includes any sales) when you use the money in your account to shop at Sweet Pea's (store credit) or if you'd like to get paid by cash/cheque. You will also benefit from our periodic specials of even higher payouts. Cheques are issued at the end of the month once your consignment period has ended only if requested. Please contact us the final month of your consignment period to request a cheque. Store credit will be available to you at any time.
Receiving Hours: Wednesday-Saturday
**Please see 'Book a drop off' section before walking in to see if we're receiving that week.
Wednesday 11am-5pm Friday 11am-5pm
Thursday 11am-6pm Saturday 12pm-3pm